Thursday 20 July 2017

Pop-up cafe at the mid-week market...

Working in the beautiful gardens on the Commons alongside the many dedicated and hard-working volunteers is always enjoyable. We are well into the growing season and are harvesting asparagus, raspberries, kale, broad beans, and zucchini with the blueberries almost ripe.  The strawberry season is over for this year.

I have been experimenting with lavender wreaths, and have started to harvest calendula which I plan on making available as tea or possibly tinctures.

A few weeks ago Sharon and I decided to launch a pop-up cafe at the mid-week market, offering baked goods using ingredients from our kitchen garden whenever possible and also using recipes from the Commons Cookbook.  So far we have made cheese herb muffins, lavender cupcakes, scones, herb zucchini loaf, and coffee cake, which all sold out quite quickly.

So I will be posting some of our recipes.  This week's recipe is Herb-Cheese Zucchini Loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Walk on the Commons with Judith

Lady Fern beside Sword Fern Goldenrod Cascara Twinflower (Linnaea borealis) The Pond Grand Fir Evergreen Blackberry  Queen Anne’s Lace  At t...

About Me

My photo
A spiritual wanderlust, linguist, yogini, foodie and gardener, my travels have taken me across South and Central America. Through my love of languages I ended up being a multilingual translator for many years. Now you will find me creating a new garden on beautiful Gabriola, BC.